"I am walking on a cloud"

Hi Family and Friends,
 
So this past week has been great, I love entering into the Christmas season.  We has some great things happen this week that have really touched my heart. On Tuesday we had the privilege of teaching a new investigator by the name of Tina, we have been trying to get a hold of Tina for a really long time and finally last week she made a appt with us. When we got there she was all ready for us to come, she did not grow up with any religion in her background and has always been searching. When she got married her husband grew up in the Catholic church so she thought naturally that is the church they would start attending. Well he did not want to go to that church as he felt forced to go all his life, I just sat there thinking not having anything in your life as far as belief goes and how hollow that would be.  She has started attending the bible church but is open to learning about the Mormon religion, we committed her to read and to pray about the book or Mormon and I pray her heart will continue to be softened to the things we teach.
 
That same day we also had a lesson with Brent, I am not sure were Brent came from but he is truly elect and is ready to be baptised. He accepted the 1st lesson and committed to read, pray and to come to church, the most amazing experience for Brent was on Sunday.  During sacramenting meeting Brent stood up and bore his testimony, this is his second time to out church and he got up and told his spiritual journey. It was a great testimony and I know really touched the hearts of the members.  After church he came to the Christmas Devotional, the spirit of the devotional with the choir singing and the speakers was so great that Brent was in tears. To see the spirit move someone who was foreign to all of this was such a neat experience, he thanked us for inviting him and allowing him to be there. I am excited to be a part of Brent's journey in the gospel and be able to see him grow.  Today Brent told Indigo who is the Prus's daughter " I feel like I am walking on a cloud."
 
Thursday was our down day you could say, although it is a matter of perspective as is all things. We had dinner with James that evening and had planned on teaching him a lesson that evening as well. It was the first time Sister Young had met him so she was not familiar with what he had taught him, well after dinner when I was talking about our last lesson James tells us that he does not want to take the lessons anymore. He said he feels he got a good idea with what we already taught him and that Mormonism is most likely not for him. That can be hard to hear, but I know there may be a time when James heart will soften to accept the gospel and if now is not the time then I can understand. I am thankful for a loving heavenly father who gives us multiple chances through life to figure things out.
 
Well I hope all is going well for everyone and that you are all taking the time to breath and think of your savior during this Christmas season. I really enjoyed the devotional on Sunday and the spirit it brought, I am so thankful to be here on a mission and to be serving the lord.
 
I love you all very much!
 
Love,
 
Sister Booth
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!