Hi Family,
It was so good to talk to all of you on Christmas and catch up on how you are doing. We had a wonderful week of Christmas with the work here in Petersburg, with the holiday going on it was easier yet harder to pin people down. We visited with allot of people in town and made our way around on the 24th as Ulabucking took place that day. Allot of people come home for the holiday's as I have never seen the streets so full in all the days I have been in this little town. Ulabucking (which I am sure I am spelling wrong) is a Norwegian tradition which the town or stores give back to society for shopping their year round, the way they do this is by giving away a bunch of food and goodies. It is pretty crazy to say the least, some places give away full on meals. We had a good time as everyone in the town is out and about visiting and wishing everyone a merry Christmas. I would have to say Petersburg is a town I have never experienced before.
Earlier that week we also got to experience something very traditional. We have been helping this family with service as they were putting together this huge wedding. It was a Tlingit wedding which is a native traditional wedding, it was really need as they invited the whole community to attend the wedding as it was the first Tlingit wedding in 100 years as allot of the native traditions have faded away. It was cool that we got to go and help and experience a native thing that rarely happens. We also visited with a bunch of people there and were able to get some good relationships built.
At Ulabucking I ran into Becky who is girl who we taught in the past but then she took off. Well she was home for the holidays so I asked if she would like to get together at least once before she took off. She said she would for sure try, well when we were over at the Marsh's, Ryan who had come home from college said he was going to invite her to church. Sunday morning he called and told us she was going to come, I was so excited. The whole time we had taught her that was her biggest fear was to come to church so to find out she was coming was really exciting. After sacrament I asked how she liked it, and she said I do not remember everything they said but I loved how I felt. She recognizes the spirit so much in her life it is great. I hope she is able to find the church down where she moves and that she is one day baptized as I know she feels the truth of it.
I am so thankful for the gospel and for the opportunity to be here and to share it. I was so glad to hear from each of you and how you are doing. I hope you continue to reach out to the lord in all that you do as truly he will carry you through anything. I love you all and hope you are well.
Love,
Sister Booth
It was so good to talk to all of you on Christmas and catch up on how you are doing. We had a wonderful week of Christmas with the work here in Petersburg, with the holiday going on it was easier yet harder to pin people down. We visited with allot of people in town and made our way around on the 24th as Ulabucking took place that day. Allot of people come home for the holiday's as I have never seen the streets so full in all the days I have been in this little town. Ulabucking (which I am sure I am spelling wrong) is a Norwegian tradition which the town or stores give back to society for shopping their year round, the way they do this is by giving away a bunch of food and goodies. It is pretty crazy to say the least, some places give away full on meals. We had a good time as everyone in the town is out and about visiting and wishing everyone a merry Christmas. I would have to say Petersburg is a town I have never experienced before.
Earlier that week we also got to experience something very traditional. We have been helping this family with service as they were putting together this huge wedding. It was a Tlingit wedding which is a native traditional wedding, it was really need as they invited the whole community to attend the wedding as it was the first Tlingit wedding in 100 years as allot of the native traditions have faded away. It was cool that we got to go and help and experience a native thing that rarely happens. We also visited with a bunch of people there and were able to get some good relationships built.
At Ulabucking I ran into Becky who is girl who we taught in the past but then she took off. Well she was home for the holidays so I asked if she would like to get together at least once before she took off. She said she would for sure try, well when we were over at the Marsh's, Ryan who had come home from college said he was going to invite her to church. Sunday morning he called and told us she was going to come, I was so excited. The whole time we had taught her that was her biggest fear was to come to church so to find out she was coming was really exciting. After sacrament I asked how she liked it, and she said I do not remember everything they said but I loved how I felt. She recognizes the spirit so much in her life it is great. I hope she is able to find the church down where she moves and that she is one day baptized as I know she feels the truth of it.
I am so thankful for the gospel and for the opportunity to be here and to share it. I was so glad to hear from each of you and how you are doing. I hope you continue to reach out to the lord in all that you do as truly he will carry you through anything. I love you all and hope you are well.
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments