How does the lord answer your Prayer's?
Hi Family and Friends!!
This week has been such a great and busy week! We have had so many opportunities to teach and to share the gospel I am just loving it. We Started off the week with stopping by and trying to visit with Trevor again. He would not commit to us last week for a return appt so we just told him we would stop by sometime at the beginning of the week. Well on Tuesday we took Lizzie with us and decided to try. When we first stopped no one was home so we decided about an hour later that we should try again (yes sometimes as missionary's you feel like you are stalking people:) anyhow it ended up working out great as he had just gotten home a bit ago and had the feeling we were going to be coming that day so was reading the book of Mormon just as we knocked on the door. I was thinking wow caught in the act that does not happen very often. Because his knowledge of Christ is so little we talked allot about the savior and what his purpose is for us in this life. He has allot of questions and is so eager to learn, the biggest concern with Trevor is him living with his girlfriend. Thankfully we were able to have him commit to the next lesson, I just hope he is there that day.
We visited Erika twice this week, she is doing great. I love it when you can see that people are truly elect and just desire to know the gospel. She has so many questions and loves to read and to take it all in. Sunday was her second time combine to church and she continued to learn and to listen to everything. I am excited to see her continue on this path to the waters of baptism.
The crazy event was going back and visiting with Willie. He lives in a assistant living home because of an accident he experienced and the owner of the home is Muslim so she is not a fan of us. Luckily we were able to work it out and visit him this week, he is so eager to learn the gospel and we even had him come to church. I am excited to be able to continue to teach him. On Sunday after church we visited a gentlemen by the name of Greg. He is an older man who I would explain grew up in the hippie type era. He is a great person and we have great
conversations with him. When we first met him we found he does not exactly believe in God he just believes in a higher power. At first he was not sure if he wanted to hear about the gospel but when we started talking about it he got more and more interested and we are now teaching him.
The best thing that happened that day while teaching him was talking to him about how we receive answers to prayers. After explaining the necessity of communicating with our heavenly father he said well I agree with that but how do you get an answer. We then explained the role of the holy ghost and his next thing he said was how do you know it is the holy ghost and not just you. I have not been asked exactly that before and I loved being able to testify of the spirit that God does answer prayers and that you will know when you receive an answer that it is of God as you cannot deny it. He said that he loved how sincere we are and he would always remember these things we are talking about. We are going to continue going over there and I am excited to see him progress.
Well I best get going I pray you are all doing well and that you are staying close to your heavenly father in all things. I am so grateful to be here and to be able to serve a mission. I love you all and hope things are great!
Love,
Sister Booth
This week has been such a great and busy week! We have had so many opportunities to teach and to share the gospel I am just loving it. We Started off the week with stopping by and trying to visit with Trevor again. He would not commit to us last week for a return appt so we just told him we would stop by sometime at the beginning of the week. Well on Tuesday we took Lizzie with us and decided to try. When we first stopped no one was home so we decided about an hour later that we should try again (yes sometimes as missionary's you feel like you are stalking people:) anyhow it ended up working out great as he had just gotten home a bit ago and had the feeling we were going to be coming that day so was reading the book of Mormon just as we knocked on the door. I was thinking wow caught in the act that does not happen very often. Because his knowledge of Christ is so little we talked allot about the savior and what his purpose is for us in this life. He has allot of questions and is so eager to learn, the biggest concern with Trevor is him living with his girlfriend. Thankfully we were able to have him commit to the next lesson, I just hope he is there that day.
We visited Erika twice this week, she is doing great. I love it when you can see that people are truly elect and just desire to know the gospel. She has so many questions and loves to read and to take it all in. Sunday was her second time combine to church and she continued to learn and to listen to everything. I am excited to see her continue on this path to the waters of baptism.
The crazy event was going back and visiting with Willie. He lives in a assistant living home because of an accident he experienced and the owner of the home is Muslim so she is not a fan of us. Luckily we were able to work it out and visit him this week, he is so eager to learn the gospel and we even had him come to church. I am excited to be able to continue to teach him. On Sunday after church we visited a gentlemen by the name of Greg. He is an older man who I would explain grew up in the hippie type era. He is a great person and we have great
conversations with him. When we first met him we found he does not exactly believe in God he just believes in a higher power. At first he was not sure if he wanted to hear about the gospel but when we started talking about it he got more and more interested and we are now teaching him.
The best thing that happened that day while teaching him was talking to him about how we receive answers to prayers. After explaining the necessity of communicating with our heavenly father he said well I agree with that but how do you get an answer. We then explained the role of the holy ghost and his next thing he said was how do you know it is the holy ghost and not just you. I have not been asked exactly that before and I loved being able to testify of the spirit that God does answer prayers and that you will know when you receive an answer that it is of God as you cannot deny it. He said that he loved how sincere we are and he would always remember these things we are talking about. We are going to continue going over there and I am excited to see him progress.
Well I best get going I pray you are all doing well and that you are staying close to your heavenly father in all things. I am so grateful to be here and to be able to serve a mission. I love you all and hope things are great!
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments