Change
Hi Friends and Family,
This past week has been pretty busy and alot has happened. I am going to start by telling you what happened most recently and then go backwards. This past weekend I have had the privilege of experiencing alot of change here on the mission. I found it ironic Randy you mentioned I would see it as you where right, it is a world wide mission change. We had a mission meeting on Saturday night with all the missionary's who are district leaders, zone leaders and trainers. So there was only 3 sister's present at this meeting as we are all 3 training this transfer, as they consider that leadership. They are making mission changes with the mission world wide so that zone conferences and interviews will all be different now. And are implementing leadership training meetings, for me this means i get to attend a leadership training meeting for the next 4 days while they introduce all the new material. I am interested to see how it will all turn out, i am blessed to be a part of it as a trainer. I guess this is the first big change they have done world wide in missions since PMG.
The next big change was on Sunday, we were told about a meeting we needed to attend after church because there was going to be boundary changes coming. Well only hearing about it a day in advance I started asking around in regards to what they were going to do. Of course no one really knew what was going to really happen until that day. And what happened was we lost a part of our area to another ward, I was really upset. For the reason that we have two investigators Oscar and EJ which i am sure i have mentioned that live in those boundaries. The initial shock of not being able to teach them hit me really hard. I must say that i experience some emotions and going through some humility in knowing this is the lords work and I am here to do his will. I know everything will work out and they will come to know the gospel, on Friday Sister Davis and I had an amazing experience with EJ and extending him a baptism date to work towards. He accepted it and we are really excited for him to work towards that day.
Oscar is also doing very well he choose a date for himself to be baptised and is praying about it to know if he will be ready. I know he knows that this is the true church and he just needs to make that leap of faith. It was so great to hear him talk about how the spirit has been working in his life. Nathan is also doing well and is planning out his baptism for the 31st. It has just been a testimony for me that some people just need a goal which is a day to work towards to have it materialize. He has been working towards it and he and his wife are very excited for him baptism day.
Well i know this is kinda short but we are going to go hiking with a member today which i am excited about. I hope all is going well with everyone and I love you all!
P.S. The pics are from last p-day, the Diederich family took us out to the reindeer farm and the muskox farm. It was a lot of fun.
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments