Week of Birthday's

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:58:02 -0800
Subject: Week of Birthday's

Hi Family!
 
So this week was a week of b-day's for sure, it was both mine and Sister Davis's b-day's 2 days apart. And it was also Elder Lee's in our district on the same day as sister Davis so we did some b-day celebrating this week. It was alot of fun as Sister Coyle definitely spoiled us more than she needed to and we have great members her in our ward that I just love. Thank you for the birthday gifts and wishes I appreciate them alot.
 
We had an awesome experience on Monday evening that I wanted to share. We have been teaching a less active family for months now, it is just the mom and the two kids. She was baptised about 5 or so years ago and her husband was raised in the church. She did not have a strong testimony in the church when she was baptised so when we started to go visit them we felt strongly about teaching them the lessons all over again. Plus her son is 9 and had not been baptised, she want him to be able to have the choice on whether or not he wants to be baptised. As we have been teaching her it has been great to see the different things click with her as she is starting to understand the gospel alot more. One of questions she asked at the start was why we have to be sealed in the temples. She never told us then that she did not really agree with it or thought it was necessary so i do not think we hit the heart of it at that point. Well this past Monday we taught about eternal marriage and the importance of it. As we talked about the temples and ordinances performed in them. Sister Mackay opened up and expressed her reasons and concerns as to why she has never entered into the temple. She does not understand the necessity of being sealed as a family. As I sat there i felt prompted to talk about the celestial kingdom and explaining what it takes to live with our heavenly father again. As we explained things that had never really been explained with the glories in the celestial kingdom tears flowed down her face. At that moment I knew she understood the importance of the temple and why it was needed to enter it as a family. I love watching the spirit literally teach people as different things speak to them and they are able to understand them. I am so thankful to be able to be a part of it.
 
Because of spending so much time with the members the work was a little bit slower then intended. We had planned to meet with some investigators that ended up not being able to so we are hoping to meet with them next week. Sunday was a great day we made contact with an investigator that we taught months ago. She had kinda told us to stop coming for a bit as some things were going on in her life and she just did not have time to meet with the missionary's at that time. That weekend every time we would pass her house I would see her car home and I knew it was time to go back and visit her again. When we did it was so good, she talked to us for an hour about everything that has been going on in her life. And she has been pondering all the things we had taught her before and opened up on how she felt about them. She had the idea that if she did not agree exactly with everything we said then she could not talk to us. I asked her if she was willing to learn all the gospel and to pray about what her heavenly father wanted her to do with it. How we all interpret things in life differently, and she just has to be open and willing to listen to the spirit. She agreed to continue learning so we are going to start seeing her again which I am really excited about.
 
Well I hope everything is going well with you back home, thank you for all your love and support. To explain the attached pictures they are all the pictures from my b-day and basically the week. Sister Coyle had us over for my b-day dinner, then the Goodwin's surprised me the Saturday before with a cake. Then you can see the cakes with both sister Davis and I where for both of us as her b-day was 2 days later, thought nothing better then to have your b-day with your companion. Well I love you all!!!
 
Love,
 
Sister Booth
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!