Hanging out in Juneau Alaska!
Hi Friends and Family!
Wow what a crazy two weeks! Right now I am sitting in Juneau Alaska with the Juneaa sisters waiting for our fairy to take us to Petersberg Alaska. We got our transfer calls yesterday and they called and told me I would be opening up a new area with Sister Davis(not the one I just served with, crazy there are two!) in Petersberg Alaska. So pull out your maps as you will have to in order to see where I will be located for the next little while. It is on of the many islands that is along the southeast side of Alaska and is very small. I am guessing it may be a tourist hot spot of something, I have been told that it is very beatiful there. I will let you know next week after I arrive and the adventure begins.
Leaving Wasilla was pretty heartbreaking for sure, I pretty much felt like I was leaving my second family. I have come to love the members there and am really going to miss being in their home and around them. I promised them I would return in the summer with my family, so that means Dad and Mom that will be our first stop as I spent almost half of my time there. I am really going to miss serving with Sister Davis as well as she was an amazing campanion, but I am super excited to go and work in this new area.
The week before was amazing, the day of Sonya and Oscars baptism we had Sister Dance come and do a 24 hour exchange. Spending that much time with the mission presidents wife is pretty fun to say the very least. The baptism were so amazing, to see Sonya take this step in her life ment so much. The week before the baptism was really rough for her, she was going to leave to Cali and not get baptised 2 days before. We prayed really hard and I know it was the spirit that guided Sonya to her baptism. She has been taught by missionary's for over a year and she knows the church is true and that she needed to take this step. It was just making the final changes and commitment in her life that was really hard. It was truly a miricle to watch her take that step. Also with Oscar, you have heard me talk about his progression for months. It is such a blessing that I was able to be a part of Oscars journey, he is such an amazing person. He got up and bore his testimony after he was baptised and he testified of the very thing he had struggled with for weeks, and that was the book of mormon. After the baptism he could barely remember the words he said so when we reminded him he was surprised and I loved pointing out how the spirit just takes over if you let it. This work is the lords work and I and so greatful to be a part of it and to be able to go where he wants me to be.
I have alot of pics to send, but this computer I am on is really wierd so I will have to send them all next week and label them. I hope you are all doing great sorry this is short I know there is so much more I could say but I am exhausted so going to go. I love you all and am thankful for the support more than you know!
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments