"If he brings you to it, he will take you through it!"
Hi family and friends!
I can never get enough of this! I love being a missionary and being
able to share the gospel. Last Monday we had the opportunity to meet
with Becky again who is the young girl that had an experience with her
friend in Canada. It is awesome to see how eager she is to learn. She
did not grow up with hardly any religion in her home so this is all
new for her. We talked about the atonement and the role it plays in
our lives, she did not even know who Christ was. I cannot imagine
going 20 or more years in my life and not know who my savior is. She
said she feels like she is just meeting him that day, we review each
time as it is all new and takes time to soak in.
On Tuesday we finally were able to make time to go and visit Barbara
again. She was being taught by elders before and they left after a
couple lessons as they transferred them out and then closed the area.
She was not happy about that at all as she was eager to learn about
the things of the gospel. I am glad we are not meeting with her and
able to answer the questions she has. She is a spit fire and I love
it, she said come prepared to answer allot of questions. She is the
one that told me the header of the email.
We were able to meet with Kristina again this week and talk to her
about baptism. She is soaking everything in so well and is eager to
learn. Amy from our branch came with us to teach as they are really
good friends. She accepted to pray about a day to be baptized, I am
really excited as she understands and recognizes the spirit so she
just has to apply it with everything we have taught.
Friday was the most amazing day I have had in Petersburg. Well before
I go on about this day I should preference it with what happened on
Wednesday. We were studying and we heard a knock at the door. Well
sister Lister and a Hygienist from the dentist office was standing at
our door. We live in a bead and breakfast appt that is in the same
building as the dentist office. Well Gina the person who works with
Dr. Lister wanted to talk to us, she had been searching out the Mormon
church for awhile now and decided it would be good for her as she
wants to change her life. So there she was on our door asking to be
taught. It is not everyday a potential investigator show up on your
door step.
She was the first person we met with Friday, she is a great person.
She has had a rough life and the most important thing is understanding
what the atonement can do for her in her life. I am excited to see her
embrace the gospel and learn more. After we had tracted the day before
and ran into a gentlemen named Beau and he told us to come back the
next day after 4. I was not sure how serious he was, but when we
showed up he was about to go walk his dog and said he would do it
later and invited us to come in and talk.
He is going through such a hard time right now and is searching for
something. He talked to us allot about faith and trying to understand
his own faith. He is eager to learn more and to find out if it is
true. He said an amazing prayer at the end of the lesson I was so
great. I just sat there thinking were did this guy come from, he is so
ready to hear the gospel. I am really excited to continue teaching
him.
We finished our great day off with meeting with Joe, he knows the
gospel it is just making a decision about whether he wants to commit
to it. We talked allot about faith that night and I know Joe will get
baptized soon.
Well I hope all is going well for everyone at home! Congrats Randy on
getting into BYU that is pretty exciting! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Booth
Hi family and friends!
I can never get enough of this! I love being a missionary and being
able to share the gospel. Last Monday we had the opportunity to meet
with Becky again who is the young girl that had an experience with her
friend in Canada. It is awesome to see how eager she is to learn. She
did not grow up with hardly any religion in her home so this is all
new for her. We talked about the atonement and the role it plays in
our lives, she did not even know who Christ was. I cannot imagine
going 20 or more years in my life and not know who my savior is. She
said she feels like she is just meeting him that day, we review each
time as it is all new and takes time to soak in.
On Tuesday we finally were able to make time to go and visit Barbara
again. She was being taught by elders before and they left after a
couple lessons as they transferred them out and then closed the area.
She was not happy about that at all as she was eager to learn about
the things of the gospel. I am glad we are not meeting with her and
able to answer the questions she has. She is a spit fire and I love
it, she said come prepared to answer allot of questions. She is the
one that told me the header of the email.
We were able to meet with Kristina again this week and talk to her
about baptism. She is soaking everything in so well and is eager to
learn. Amy from our branch came with us to teach as they are really
good friends. She accepted to pray about a day to be baptized, I am
really excited as she understands and recognizes the spirit so she
just has to apply it with everything we have taught.
Friday was the most amazing day I have had in Petersburg. Well before
I go on about this day I should preference it with what happened on
Wednesday. We were studying and we heard a knock at the door. Well
sister Lister and a Hygienist from the dentist office was standing at
our door. We live in a bead and breakfast appt that is in the same
building as the dentist office. Well Gina the person who works with
Dr. Lister wanted to talk to us, she had been searching out the Mormon
church for awhile now and decided it would be good for her as she
wants to change her life. So there she was on our door asking to be
taught. It is not everyday a potential investigator show up on your
door step.
She was the first person we met with Friday, she is a great person.
She has had a rough life and the most important thing is understanding
what the atonement can do for her in her life. I am excited to see her
embrace the gospel and learn more. After we had tracted the day before
and ran into a gentlemen named Beau and he told us to come back the
next day after 4. I was not sure how serious he was, but when we
showed up he was about to go walk his dog and said he would do it
later and invited us to come in and talk.
He is going through such a hard time right now and is searching for
something. He talked to us allot about faith and trying to understand
his own faith. He is eager to learn more and to find out if it is
true. He said an amazing prayer at the end of the lesson I was so
great. I just sat there thinking were did this guy come from, he is so
ready to hear the gospel. I am really excited to continue teaching
him.
We finished our great day off with meeting with Joe, he knows the
gospel it is just making a decision about whether he wants to commit
to it. We talked allot about faith that night and I know Joe will get
baptized soon.
Well I hope all is going well for everyone at home! Congrats Randy on
getting into BYU that is pretty exciting! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments