"Squeeze the Ballon"

Hi Friends and Family!!
 
This past week has been so amazing, I think I say that about every week but that is how I feel about my mission!  This week we spent allot of time finding people. Being in a new area and not knowing many people we needed to figure out who people were. Are ward is so supportive and has given us many referrals over the past couple of weeks and it has really helped us out. On Monday we went and met with Becky Luszac who is such a great person. Her journey for wanting to know more about our church started in Canada, she was visiting a friend there who had the missionary's over for dinner that night. Well they happened to be sisters and after dinner they gave this spiritual thought that really touched her and brought her to tears. She wanted to know what that feeling was she was experiencing and about the scripture. After staying in touch with her friend and the missionary for a time she got in touch with someone here in petersburg as that is where she is living and we got her information. I am really excited to get to know her more as we continue teaching her.
 
Tuesday while we were tracting we ran into Kristina on the street who is searching for a church. She is a young mom and has not been in Petersburg for very long. After the first time teaching her, she said the most amazing prayer and promised she would read the book of mormon and would like her heavenly fathers input in knowing if it was true. I love being able to see the start of a journey to the gospel, she is so great and is searching for the truth.
 
In this area we are realizing that with not very many people you really have to figure out how to fill your time. I decided I will just get to know everyone on the whole island by the time I leave here. Mark Weever is an awesome person who we were told to go visit by the Lopez family as he was searching at one time. Well after a long conversation at the door he told us to come back for an appt.,  I must say he is the most interesting person I have met. His life is pretty must like a book, he told us bits and pieces and I just stood there thinking that is way to crazy. His saying was "squeeze the balloon" he told us a story of being in Hawaii and a native telling him that we are like a balloon with water in it. If we are having a hard time or not liking thing just squeeze it and get a different outlook on life. Thought that was a cool way of putting it.
 
Jacki and Frank are a PM family we met with on friday and they fed us dinner. She has been taught all the lessons and says that it is hard for her to come to church, but is willing to do the discussions again. She is the one not a member and he has had little involvement with the church. They are a great family and I am excited to start teaching them as well! Petersburg has so many opportunities and I am so thankful to be here and to be doing the lord work.
 
I loves being able to spend the weekend watching general conference and get that spiritual feeding.  The whole conference I was just thinking of so much things that would help our investigators and I am excited to be able to share it with them. To know we are so blessed to hear the words of the prophet and his apostles 2 times a year is great. Well I hope all is going well for all of you!
 
Love,
 


Sister Booth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!