Did She just call me out?
Hi Family!
This past week has been a good week, and a little slow going as my companion got a cold. It is never fun to be sick, and I decided if one gets sick you pretty much feel like and learn you both are dealing with it. She toughed through the week and I am grateful for that as we got some great work done. The highlight of the week for me was teaching Joe, we have taught him week after week and each time I just think of how ready he is to accept the gospel in his life and be baptised. It is just taking that leap of faith and accepting this is what he wants. When we taught him on Friday we talked about the principle of tithing and how it is important to apply it to our lives, we asked if he is willing to live and apply it to his life. He talked about a few things but in the end he was willing to pay tithing as he is a very generous person in general. Before the lesson Sister Davis and I felt we needed to talk to him about the baptism interview questions that night so he could know what he needs to be preparing for. We gave them to him to read over and told him about the interview he would be experiencing before baptism. After he looked over the questions he said I do not have an issue living all the commandments, I have a desire to know that we have a living prophet and that we have a god. But I want a witness for myself to know if these things are true. We talked about him receiving a witness from the spirit but it takes him to take actions before he could get that witness. I then asked if he would commit to prepare himself to be baptised starting now, he turned to his wife and said "Did she just call me out?" I sat there thinking what? I am thankful for the way the lord works as we found what Joe hangs up and concerns were that evening, we talked about how he could make excuses for years and how he needs to take this leap of faith. He said he would continue to pray and be more specific as to preparing for a date.
We also taught Barbara about prayer last week and the importance of it, she feels that she has never received answers to prays in her life. It was hard as we listened to how much she prays and how she really felt God never answers her prayers. As we talked we shared about aligning her will to the fathers and to truly seek out Gods will for her. She thought about that and said that made allot more sense, we have allot more to teach Barbara and I pray she will continue to be open and receptive to our message. Another great thing was contacting the people from the Christmas cards the Tupo's gave us from Juneau. We were able to find Paul and Chelsy who are willing to listen and find out more. I am excited to go back and teach them this next week. It will be a busy week as Sister Dance is coming and it is Sister Davis's last week here.
I am so thankful to be here and to be able to share the gospel, I hope you are all doing well. Sounds like everything went well with Randy coming home, I hope you adjust well Randy as I do not look forward to that much:) Always remember that you are still a missionary!! Hope you all have a Fabulous Thanksgiving and I love you all very much!
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments