Learning to keep the balance!
Hi Family,
This past week has been a good week in Petersburg. I am learning new things about the people here and the area, we were able to teach a new investigator last night which was a great experience. We have visited Barbara a couple times before but she finally was able to find time to talk to us about the gospel. She has allot of questions and her biggest desire is to know why there is so many different churches out there. My favorite part is after explaining everything leading up to the restoration she says ya that has not yet happened and the whole earth would have to be taken out for it to (referring to the restoration) we just smiled knowingly as we testified of the restoration and how truly the gospel has been restored. I love being able to share the truth and to see the light and understanding dawn in their eyes.
We are learning that here in Petersburg you have to find a balance with your time, people here love having you serve. Also the nonmembers love having you spend time with them. So learning a good balance to keep a good repor with all the people is the trick we are quickly learning. I have loved getting to know all the people here and being in their homes. On of the staff at the hospital we volunteer at asked us over for dinner and also took us for a drive which I thought was sweet.
We also met with James and Joe on the weekend which went really well. James we are learning is a church hopper, he likes to attend allot of different churches and really does not belong to any. He told us that he does not necessarily want to belong to a church as he enjoys learning from each and every one of them. I expressed the importance of knowing which church was truly Christ church here on this earth and knowing the truth by praying about it. I was thankful he was willing to read and pray about the book of Mormon as he is sincerely interested in learning. I think the biggest thing with him will be getting him to come to church as he goes to a different one each week! Joe is also doing well, he loves to break everything down into detail each time we teach. This week it was the Word of Wisdom which was pretty entertaining. When we asked him if he was willing to live it he threw it right back at us that was new for sure.
Well I hope all is going well for all of you and know that I love you all!
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments