The Spirit was so Strong it could blow you away!
Hi Friends and Family,
Another week has come and gone and here I am emailing you again, sometimes I wonder how they go so quickly. Last week was a great week as we had the opportunity to spend most of it in Juneau. On Monday we got on the morning Jet and landed in Juneau that afternoon and had the elders that are in Juneau meet us. It was fun for them to figure everything out as we are the only sister's in the Juneau zone so that meant that we did not have the other sister's to stay with this time. President Dance decided just to have us stay at a hotel to make things easier as a member their owns a best western property. I cannot complain as it was a pretty nice room and some of the better night rest I have had in a bit. That evening we went out on a zone tract in the elders area which was kinda entertaining. At the very end a Chinese lady let us in and talked to us for a bit, it was hard to understand her but we figured out quickly that she has not taken much time from her life to search out her beliefs and goes to church with a friend. We told to elders to go back so who knows what will happen.
On Tuesday we had a training all day long by President Dance and a few others did small trainings. It was on the material I have already had being a trainer in Wasilla so it was a little hard not to fall asleep but I pulled through and did not once. Right after this Samoan family fed all 20 of us dinner which was pretty dang awesome of them to do. We have 18 missionary's in our zone which is not that big and kinda crazy that we all come from different islands in the southeast. I cannot imagine the cost of getting us all there, but I am so thankful for the opportunity to do so. We also did our district meeting there because of having the chance to do it in person, it was weird to not have it on the phone since that is what we are used to all the time. Zone conference the next day was the best zone conference I have been to. We have amazing missionary's in the Juneau zone and I am thankful for the opportunity to serve in this zone with these missionary's. Four of them are ending their missions in the next 2 transfers my companion being one of them. Kinda crazy to think she only has 2 weeks left on her mission to go, and then I just think I cannot believe Randy will be home in 2 days.
At the end of Zone conference everyone bears their testimonies and the people going home go last. It was an amazing testimony meeting. That is where the title of the email comes from as the spirit in that room was so strong. Each of those missionary's are so amazing and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be here and to be serving a mission. The elders gave sister Davis a hard time as she went last and did not shed a tear and the rest of us where. I just laugh as that is Sister Davis and she is a tough cookie. I am glad we got the opportunity to go to Juneau. When we returned only having Friday and the weekend left we still were able to get some work done. We met with Joe and James and taught some great lessons, Joe is struggling to Pray on his own which is hard as that is how he is going to know this is the way. We are praying he will continue to put an honest effort in, he is such a deep learner and ask questions no one usually would ask. We also met with Barbara a couple time which was great, and are finding we are going to need to figure out how to reach her so she can understand what we are teaching her. She has been taught before and she continues to ask the same questions which means she is not understanding or not accepting the answer.
Anyhow I hope you are all doing great, and know I love you all.
Sister Booth
Comments