Hi Friends and Family!
What an amazing week! I cannot tell you how much I love to do the lords work and to be here on my mission. Life as a missionary is AWESOME! The work in the turn again area is so busy and the lord is blessing us so much with teaching opportunities. I do not think there is a night were I do not hit my knees in full exhaustion to express my gratitude to the day that we were able to have. I love to see how the gospel can truly change peoples lives.
This upcoming Saturday we are looking forward to the baptism of Ciara Goodman. She is doing so great and is looking forward to the day when she can make that covenant with her heavenly father. Each commandment we teach her she looks forward to committing to it and is excited as it gives her the opportunity to better her life. It has also been great to see her dad and sister change their lives for the better and see them both come back to church. I love that no matter what stage of life you are in you can always decide to change.
Erica is still doing okay, she wants to wait until her court date is over before she commits to a new day to be baptized. We are praying really hard as she can understand the importance of not putting this off as that is Satan's way of delaying her from being baptized.
We had a great opportunity to teach a new investigator names Cristi this week. The Lewis family had brought her to church the week before and we set up a appointment to see her the very next week. The lesson with her went so well. She accepted a conditional to be baptized and we are looking forward to see her understand that the gospel with give her a full knowledge and understanding. She grew up in a baptist church and than joined a catholic church later in life so she has always been a part of a religion. She has been split from her husband for a time and is looking to find something that feels right to her. One thing that really hit her is how much her kids loved church, I love how kids are drawn to church.
We are also teaching a media referral that is not in our area as they requested sisters. What an awesome experience it was to be able to teach her. Erin has a rough background but she is truly elect and seeking to know the truth. After talking about the book of Mormon we were talking about the spirit and how you can recognize it and she says to us. "When I read the bible and things hit me I get goosebumps and a good feeling" She said that she would tell her friends this and they would think she was crazy. I loved at that moment letting her know it was the spirit, she then says well I have been feeling it that whole time you shared the lesson. I wanted to shout with JOY! She committed to be baptized and I am so excited for her!
What an amazing week! I cannot tell you how much I love to do the lords work and to be here on my mission. Life as a missionary is AWESOME! The work in the turn again area is so busy and the lord is blessing us so much with teaching opportunities. I do not think there is a night were I do not hit my knees in full exhaustion to express my gratitude to the day that we were able to have. I love to see how the gospel can truly change peoples lives.
This upcoming Saturday we are looking forward to the baptism of Ciara Goodman. She is doing so great and is looking forward to the day when she can make that covenant with her heavenly father. Each commandment we teach her she looks forward to committing to it and is excited as it gives her the opportunity to better her life. It has also been great to see her dad and sister change their lives for the better and see them both come back to church. I love that no matter what stage of life you are in you can always decide to change.
Erica is still doing okay, she wants to wait until her court date is over before she commits to a new day to be baptized. We are praying really hard as she can understand the importance of not putting this off as that is Satan's way of delaying her from being baptized.
We had a great opportunity to teach a new investigator names Cristi this week. The Lewis family had brought her to church the week before and we set up a appointment to see her the very next week. The lesson with her went so well. She accepted a conditional to be baptized and we are looking forward to see her understand that the gospel with give her a full knowledge and understanding. She grew up in a baptist church and than joined a catholic church later in life so she has always been a part of a religion. She has been split from her husband for a time and is looking to find something that feels right to her. One thing that really hit her is how much her kids loved church, I love how kids are drawn to church.
We are also teaching a media referral that is not in our area as they requested sisters. What an awesome experience it was to be able to teach her. Erin has a rough background but she is truly elect and seeking to know the truth. After talking about the book of Mormon we were talking about the spirit and how you can recognize it and she says to us. "When I read the bible and things hit me I get goosebumps and a good feeling" She said that she would tell her friends this and they would think she was crazy. I loved at that moment letting her know it was the spirit, she then says well I have been feeling it that whole time you shared the lesson. I wanted to shout with JOY! She committed to be baptized and I am so excited for her!
I love this work and I am so thankful to be here, It has been such a joy serving with Sister Sadlier and we are working each day to unify ourselves in the teaching. Thank you so much for your love and support.
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments