A Week of Cancellations

Hi Family!!!
 
And Amanda as I finally remembered to include your email so you will get them every week now:)  So I called this email the week of cancellations as that is what seemed to happen to us alot this week.  Overall we had a really good week and I am very grateful for the lord and to be here doing his work. Because of all the new investigators we had picked up from the week before we had alot of appointments scheduled for last week which is great.  Monday we started out and where supposed to visit with Krista and Case who we were excited to see, well they forgot we where coming and were leaving right when we got there. That was the start of our week, thankfully we rescheduled for another time, the pattern continued with at least 5 more appt we had throughout the week. Let's just say by Sunday when all 3 of our apartments fell through sister Dalton and I just laughed, at that point that is all there was to do.  I know there was a purpose for it and things happen with people, I am learning that persistence is so important. You at times may feel like you are bothering people with how persistent you are being. But really how important is their salvation, and knowing that drives all those thoughts away. As they need to take time for the lord.
 
We had some great appointments this week as well. We where able to meet with Nathan again, he asked us some great questions. His wife outlined the BOM for him to read in a way so the stories of the BOM where all highlighted. He was enjoying it but because he has never read the book all the way through it was harder to understand that way. So he is going to just start from the beginning of the book. His wife who is a member is really helping him and encouraging him which is great. We really spent some time on the importance of prayer and why we need to have a testimony of it. I loved that his questions where so simple but yet so important to know with a surety of the truth of them. Like why do we need a testimony.  I am thankful for the opportunity to teach Nathan and I know he will learn the truth for himself.
 
We also where able to spend time with Lauri and Stan, we are reteaching them the lessons because of the fact that they had a period of time where they where not taught much. We finished with Lesson one and after talked to them about how they where feeling, Luari said that she want to get baptised and actually picked out a date. She does not understand the importance of just belonging to one church as she wants to be part of our church and the Lutheran church. So we are going to have to jump over that hurdle with her so she can gain a testimony of this church and that it is true.
 
EJ is the other investigator we taught this week and he is doing so good. He talked to us about his experience at church on Sunday and how it was alot different then the catholic church he had been attending for most of his life. He liked how we where so welcoming and warm whereas the catholic church was not that way. As I have not really attended a catholic church i would not know, but i am thankful he was able to have that experience. We talked about prayer and him receiving and answer for the things we have been teaching. He came to church again this past Sunday and we were teaching the lesson about covenants and how it is important to keep them. I know he will be baptised and I am so excited as he is such a great person.
 
Oscar also came to church and had a great experience, he was sick so were not able to meet with him. But he really enjoyed it and is progressing so much. I am so thankful for him and his example to me. He is so eager to learn and soaks it all in which is so great.
 
 
Well I hope all is going great at home and everyone is doing good. I love you all!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!