Week of Finding and Teaching
Hi Family and Friends,
This week was an amazing week! We were so busy with the work and had so much going on. We taught 5 new investigators this week which was great, we found a few tracking and a few from potentials. I have such a testimony that the lord truly leads us to the poeple he wants us to teach. We were going through the list of past potentials and decided to stop at this apt for one. While we were walking up to the door this gentleman was walking up to the same door, we asked if Britany lived there as that is the name we had. He told us he was the only one that lived there, gathering that she had moved we shared with him to see if he was interested. He told us no and that no one else lived in that apt except to the ones next to him. It was interesting as I would not have thought to knock on the doors of the other appts unless he had mentioned that no one lived in them except one person next to him.
I actually started walking off and sister Dalton said well it is just one person may as well go knock on the door and so we did. That is how we met Krista who asked us to come back the very next day. We came back and taught her and her husband Case who are eager to learn. Earlier that week we contacted another potential who ended up being the wrong name and the lady was interested in learning who we are now teaching. Her name is Elicia and she is the sweetested person. Her step kids are LDS and she has always been interested in what the church is all about. It is amazing how the lords work moves forward. I am so thankful for the opportunity we have had to be teaching these people this week.
The investigators we have been meeting with are progressing surely but slowely. I am very excited about Oscer, he is keeping all of his commitments and is very eager to learn. Because he works 3 on and 3 off he work's on sunday's occasionally. He will be coming next sunday which I am excited for and I know he will accept baptism, we talked about praying directly for that answer as he told us once he knows he will be baptised. I could go on and on about more people but you will not remember them!
The members here take care of us well with feeding us everyday, we finally got fed some fish in the last month if you can believe it took that long. I had been here for 3 almost 4 weeks before I even had some fish. They do eat it here but they think we get it all the time so they do not feed it to us very often. Yesterday we got some smoked salmon and that was pretty good. We have this investigator that feeds us every week and this week she tells us it is crap, yum i will have to tell you how that is.
Funniest thing that happended this week was the elders in our district played a prank on us(well i should say me). So the house sister Dalton and I lived in is an older house with 2 bedrooms and is 2 stories. Well with the older style home it has a garage that is really hold and fits one car in it. The door to the garage is a pull up handle, that you manually pull up to get in the garage. Well we park our car in there every night so we do not have to clean the frost off the windows from being so cold. Being the passenger, I always get out and open the garage and then go wait by the door for sister Dalton every night. Well this night i get out of the car and go and open the garage door to find Elder Smout sitting in a chair. He jumps out at me and scares the living whatever out of me and i jump and scream. It was pretty funny to say the least. Whoever thinks they are going to find someone sitting in a chair in the middle of the gargage when they open it. The other elders where taking vedeo and missed my face, to bad.
Anyhow i hope all is going well at home and everyone is doing ok. Just remember to always include the lord in all you do. I am so thankful to be here and so thankful for the work we are able to be a part of in this area. The people are amazing and I love being able to be a part of thier lives and to teach them. I love you all.
Sister Booth
Comments