Subject: I now think 60's is Warm

















Subject: I now think 60's is Warm
From: Jennifer Booth
Date: May 24, 2010

Hi Friends and Family!


This week has been such a great week, the sun has been shining all week and it has been so warm. Of course it has not been above 60 but it feels way warmer than that. I think that 60's feel like 70's here as we have not been warming our jackets or anything all week. One thing is for sure when it warms it people get happy and are out and about a whole lot more. And of course FISHING season has begun so people disappear as well. Fishing here is Alaska is the thing to do as the fish are huge and they are great to catch. Dad you will be in heaven when you come up here and fish i can tell you that much, i am already scoping out places for you to go.

So we have district meeting every Wednesday morning at the church. Well this Wednesday our district leader Elder Smout calls us and tells us we are doing something different for out district meeting and to wear P-day clothes and meet at this gas station. Of course we pretty much knew they had to be taking us fishing since they have been pretty obsessed with it lately. Well of course that was the deal, little did we know it would be the whole morning of it and that is all we would be doing. I was there with a smile and did fish and did not catch a thing. Sister Yang ended up catching a couple fish though so that was fun to see, she was the only one who caught anything. You can see in the pics the events from it. I guess i can officially say i have been fishing in Alaska, although i do plan on going again on another adventure.

After fishing we had a lesson with Shelly Houston, she is the one who we visited with briefly last week. She told us last week that she wanted to be baptised this was when we where leaving because she was in a hurry to go somewhere. We of course were not expecting this at all but were excited nonetheless. She is a former investigator and has been investigating the church for a couple years off and on. Well when we first met with her we addressed the issues she had and asked her to pray about baptism, I just did not expect for her to come back and say i want to get baptised so quick. Oh ye of little faith right, i should been more insightful. Well we talked about it more and she does have alot to do to prepare for baptism but I know she can do it. She decided to get baptised in July and could not decide on a date but wanted it in the middle of just in the week, so i suggested my b-day just for the fun of it. So she said yep that works, so she is planning to get baptised on July 20th. That will be an awesome b-day that is for sure.

Nathan who we are teaching and is married to a member is doing great. He has been struggling because he lost his job, but he has been moving forward with the gospel. It was so good to hear him say he prayed every morning and night this week. We asked his how he felt and he said you know i am not sure I just know I need to do it. He is slowly coming to know the truth of the gospel and has alot of questions. His wife has been a huge a strength for him as she wants their family to be eternal, he always makes the joke eternity is a long time. But we know he desires the same thing as he loves his family so much.

I love being here and love this work, one thing this week I have learned is to express your day to your heavenly father every night. Tell him how your day went and how you feel you can improve, I have learned this makes such a difference and it helps when we teach this and share it with others. We have been teaching less actives and sometimes they are just as challenging if not more than investigators. But the reward of seeing them get over their trials or whatever is holding them back and return to church is so rewarding. Do not ever hesitate to reach out to a friend and invite them to church as it is so important to fellowship those around you!

I love you all and hope you are all doing well!

Sister Booth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!