Who knew the stairs could be so dangerous?!
So Sister Booth is on her way! She headed up to the MTC and barely made it, after some crazy weather, and said a quick goodbye (that's how they do it now). Here's what she says about her first moments in the MTC: "I was just in time for the main orientation with all of the missionaries. I was given my tag and had my picture taken and the next thing I do is walk out into the hall and there is the MTC President and President Uchtdorf standing in the hall... they both said 'Welcome' and shook my hand... President Uchtdorf welcomed us to the meeting and said a few words. Apparently that was the first time in 3 years that a member of the First Presidency has been there to do that... and the fact I came just in time to meet and shake his hand was fun." It sounds like she's fine... for now!
She ends up getting paired with two companions (see next blog entry) and has fun with that. She said that everyone in her district except one is going to Alaska.
The most exciting news happened a few days after she arrived. Here's what happened, in her own words: "Yesterday was a crazy day. I cannot believe I fell and ended up in the emergency room. I was walking up some stairs when I tripped up them and fell on my face (as my hands were in my coat pocket and I could not get them out in time). I hit pretty hard and got a gash on my nose with five stitches. Today (the day after the fall) when I woke up I could barely open my eyes. One is black and blue and the other is just a bit swollen. just look beat-up but it's all good." Poor girl! I thought all of the ice and snow would be hard to walk on - who new the stairs would be so wicked :)
The terrible staircase Sister Booth fell up:
What they must have looked like to her (J/K):
Here are a few shots of her nice cut and black eye:

Comments