Hi Family and Friends!
Sorry did not write last week, when there is a holiday it makes it hard to find a public place to email. Things this past week have been really great, the best news was to find out that I am not getting transferred and am going to be serving again with sister Nay. We have allot of people that we have been working with so I was really thankful to find this out as I am excited to see them progress.
On Friday we had Erika come to a dinner with a member to help her get to know more people in the ward, it is great to see how willing the ward is in helping her feel welcomed. We talked about getting baptized with her and for her to ponder and pray about it. I love being able to teach people that have never had religion or the gospel in their lives as everything is new to them. When we were talking about the resurrection with Erika her reaction was so great as she simply said "Well I have never thought about that before!" I just thought how many out there have never given thought to the marvelous work of the gospel. I loved seeing her embrace the truth as she heard it and was so willing to ponder and to pray about it. She has such an amazing spirit about her and is so eager to continue learning.
We were also able to teach Greg this week which was great. We had committed him to pray last week out loud to know if there was a God, as he only believes in a higher power. When we talked to him this week, he said I do not doubt that I am not alone. It was great to be able to testify that he knows what the spirit feels like it is just being able to recognize were that feeling comes from. We talked more about the principles of the gospel and asked him if he would continue praying. I love how sincere of a person Greg is and he is so willing to continue to listen to us each week.
I love being able to serve the lord and being able to share the gospel. Some fun service that we did on Saturday was volunteer with the Frostbite run. When I heard about it I was thinking who wants to go running out in the cold like this. But apparently allot of people do as it was 15 degrees and there was a 100 or more people out running a 5k race. We had to take their bibs at the end to be able to time them all. I thought my figures were going to freeze off by the time we were done, it was so much fun though. I love being able to meet all kinds of people and to spend that time serving the community.
Well I hope all is going well for you and know that I love and miss you all.
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments