Trust in the Lord


Hi Family and Friends,
This past week was a great week! I still amazes me each week how so much can happen in such a short amount of time. We had transfers at the beginning of the week and we had to take sister Dalton to the transfer meeting from the airport. It was allot of emotions watching the first sister I served with go home from her mission, she was really nervous and all I could think is I do not really want that day to come. I love being a missionary and being able to share the gospel, this week was so amazing with the opportunities we had to be able to teach.
On Thursday Sister Nay got sick and ended up staying home all day on Friday. We had a lesson with Erika that day that we really wanted to attend, thankfully the members that were feeding us dinner that night came and picked me and Erika up for dinner so we could have the lesson. Teaching with a member and not your companion is always a different dynamic, I prayed so much that evening that the spirit would guide that lesson. I am so thankful that the members were in tune as well as it was a great lesson and Erika accepted to be baptized on March 26th which we are really excited about. Her countenance changes each time we see her as she gets more and more excited about the things we are talking about. On Sunday I also went to our appointments with members as Sister Nay was not doing well that day either. We were able to teach Greg about Christ and the important role he plays in our lives. I loved being able to see understanding dawn in his eyes as he said I can see the need of a Savior in our lives.
On Saturday we volunteered for the Ididarod which was allot of fun to see the ceremonial start. I had no idea how big dog racing was until I came to Alaska, but apparently it is a big deal here and the same person has won for the last several years. We helped by riding with the VIP members on this bus it was somewhat entertaining to talk to them as they got on and off the bus. It was so cold outside that day so I was not complaining about being able to sit in the bus. I feel like I get used to the cold here but some days are much colder than others and being out in it for long periods of time does not help. It is funny to think how opposite it is from AZ or NV with the heat, here you can leave something that you would refrigerate or freeze outside for days and it would be fine, just pretty foreign to me. Anyhow I hope you are all doing great and know that I love ya.
Love,
Sister Booth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!