Hi Friends and Family,  
 
What another great week in the mission field! This week has just flown by and I am just wanting to slow down the time and spend as much time as possible here, my bishop has asked me several times if they would extend my mission another 6 months and I told him no problem you just have to get the permission. I know that it would not happen as all good things do end, but I love it so much and have enjoyed serving each and everyday in the lords service. Friday we had zone conference which was my last one, it was really bitter sweet as it was also my mission president's last one. President and Sister Dance end their mission this next week on the 28th and we will have a new mission president the very same day. It feels so weird to be under a new mission president for the last couple weeks of my mission but I know that it will be good to help my companion adjust and to be able to meet him.  There will be allot of commotion going on with saying goodbye and then meeting the new one coming in, that is what happens when you serve in Anchorage were the mission president lives. We had an amazing testimony meeting to end Zone conference and it was really hard to know it was goin to be the last.
I love this work it is amazing and it means so much to me in my life, choosing to live it each and everyday is the only way to go. Our area is doing great, we are working on finding and teaching each day. I love sharing the gospel and seeing it change the lives of those around me. We were able to meet with allot of are investigators and with our recent converts. Gram who is an investigator we are teaching who is 6'10" sorry I just cannot believe how tall he is. Anyhow him and his girlfriend came to church on Sunday and were able to partake in all the classes. We know he wants to be baptized but our biggest worry is that he is doing it for his girlfriend so they can be married in the temple. We are going to work on helping them both realize that he needs to do this because he wants to and that it is a commitment that he is making with his heavenly father. 
We also had a great lesson with Kristi as we talked about living prophets and the need for them. Towards the end we asked her if she believed that there was a living prophet on the earth today. She expressed how she came to believe things in the catholic church and said she felt the same way this this that she believes there could be. Then she went on to say I will tell you one thing I know is that no 18 to 20 year old boy could have written the book of Mormon. She said I know that book came from God as you can see it just from reading it that it could not have been written by man. It was awesome to see how that registered with her and to see her gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon as she reads it.
 
I love this work and being able to get up each day and spend it doing the lord's work. I hope each of you are doing great and remember to always include your savior in all that you do. Thank you again for all your love and support.
 
Love, 
Sister Booth 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!