People come and go in Petersburg!


Hi Family!
This past week has been a great yet sad as Mark is leaving us to go to Hawaii. We were able to teach him a couple of times and they were great lessons. The spirit is so strong and the Lopez's really help with input and sharing their experiences in the gospel. Mark has never understood the role of the savior this entire time of teaching him, we  have been teaching him who the savior is and the importance. This last lesson he was expressing that he was not sure he could ever fully believe in the savior as he thinks of him as a middle mad. Just then I felt inspired to share a scripture, I had no idea were I was going with it just knew I needed to share it. After figuring out where it was I read it to mark and it expressed to him the nature of the godhead. Right then things just clicked with mark it was amazing, he just went off on how he was misunderstanding it the whole time. He then shakes me hand and says thank you for helping me see that. I love seeing the spirit and the gospel touching people's lives it is truly amazing, Mark promised us to keep in touch and that he would find the missionary's in Hawaii which I know he will.
We also taught Joe Prus that week which went well, he is at the point of deciding and needing to take the decision to the lord. We are teaching and just need to be patient with Joe and understand the spirit is going to have to work on him for him to understand that this is the one and only true gospel. We also had a lesson with James Toomey that day who is a new investigator, he works for the coast guard and is here for a couple years. He pals around with Inidgo and Kayla who are girls our age, it is funny to hang out with girls our age but being on a island you cover everything. He is going to another church but is not sure it is right and wants to learn more about our church, the lesson went really well with him. And he told us he wants to read more so he will have more questions for us.
Earlier that week for p-day we carved pumpkins with James, Indigo and Kayla which was a great time. Halloween being on Sunday was a bummer for the kids in the branch as they did no do a trunk or treat on Saturday. I am guessing it is because the branch is just to small. They celebrate Halloween pretty big here so we for sure did not go knocking doors that day, even though it was tempting. Well I hope you all had a great week, and are doing well I love you!
Love,
Sister Booth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!