Hi Family and Friends!

Sorry last week email was so rushed and crazy, with transfers and p-day being on the same day it is hard to have time for much. We also found out that day that we had to move out of the apartment we were staying in and in with a member. That was fun as we were already running around like crazy that week. We thankfully got everything done we needed to and by the end of the week were settled into the new living space.

I am finding in the turn again area that allot of the work is focusing and working with people who are less active. There are so many people  in this ward who do not come to church. It is just being creative and figuring out why their fire burnt out and they do not feel the importance or need to come to church. Or more than that why they feel
they where offended and do not want to come back. I know with time and patience hearts can be changed and these people can return it is just working through the spirit.

Our one investigator or I should say two as we are teaching his daughter as well is Sid and Sydney. Missionary's tracked into him before and he let them know they could come back. We were the ones that came back and he let us in, he is very southern baptist and at first I really think he was just curios about the Mormon religion.  After teaching him a couple times we are finding that he is wanting to make a change in his life as he is getting older and realizing that he does not have a relationship with God. He stopped going to church when he was in his 20's and now wants to figure out where he is at. I hope he will continue to take in the things which we teach and truly have a change of heart.

Well I hope you are all doing well, I am so thankful for the gospel and for the opportunity to be here to share it. One thing that was more enforced into my life the past two weeks is that no matter were you are you are truly an example of Christ. I love being able to be anywhere in Alaska and know the work is the same and the gospel holds true. Thanks for all your love and support!

Love,

Sister Booth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!