Hi Friends and Family,

This past week has been such an amazing week! We have have been so blessed in this area to be able to find and teach. This week we taught 3 new investigators who are all really great. Trevor was the first person we taught on Tuesday, he was found by the elders when we did a district tract in our area. We at first were thinking he was not ours because he is young, but he lives with his girlfriend which is a pretty big hurdle. He grew up around a couple Mormon friends but has no knowledge of the church or of basic christian beliefs for that matter. It was so great when we were talking to him about the story of Joseph Smith we asked him if he thought it could be true and he says "Well I do not see why not" I sat there and thought here is a young man who has no knowledge of anything in the gospel so if you look at it with hearing it for the first time with believing eyes it would ring more true. I loved being able to experience that with Trevor. His biggest issue besides the fact of living with his girlfriend is that he does not like to commit to return appointments so we are going to have to work on that with him.

On Wednesday we received a media referral of this gentlemen who wanted to speak with missionary's. When we got there the man said he did not know what we were talking about. That was pretty confusing for sure, but he still was very interested in what we had to say. I was thankful for that as I had no idea how we would have received that referral. We talked to him and found out he is native Alaskan and is here in anchorage for treatments because of an accident. I hope we can further teach him as he really had an awakening with this accident in his life. That very same day we ran into Lorenzo who agreed to let us come teach him the next day. He is a single dad who moved up to Alaska to work with his cousins, his story with religion is interesting as he
accepts allot of different religions. I pray the spirit can work with him so he can know what the true religion is in his life.

We also met and taught twice this week Erika, she is such a great person. She moved up to Alaska from AZ because of a divorce. The reason why she is interested in the church is because the guy she is dating now is Mormon so she wants to know about his beliefs. She is also one that has barely or no christian background. I am finding to really start from the beginning can be pretty fun and challenging at the same time with people. She soaks everything in and has a great spirit about her, she brought her son with her to church on Sunday and the one thing she said at the end that made me chuckle was "I did not fall asleep like I usually do in other churches" I thought that was pretty good.

My heart has been so full of gratitude this week for the work and I am so thankful to be here on my mission. On Sunday we had the opportunity to encourage all the members to bring a nonmember to church as it was something the mission was doing all over Alaska. I was so happy to see the members work together in their family's to bring their friends and people they knew and encourage them to come to church. It was just a testimony to me how easy it is to bring a friend to church at any time, you really never know how it will influence
their lives. I am so thankful for all your love and support, I hope all is going well for all of you and know I love you!

Love,

Sister Booth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!