The Field Really is White :)

Hi Friends and Family,
 
   First please know I have a new email as they had us change it to google this month. So when you email me you will need to use this email address now, for friends please send your physical address when you email so I can write you back! Thanks for those who already have I really appreciate hearing from all of you.
 
   This week was awesome! Of course it was a pretty cold week in the begining as is snowed 16 or so inches but it is all good, snow in March is not something i really experienced. As well as it getting down into the single digits most days, i have to say the whether varies here alot that is for sure. I had one amazing experience and one not so amazing experience this week, first the good one. We were able to experience a baptism on Saturday of a investigator we have been teaching for 3 weeks, he is such a great person and his spirit is so strong. I am truly greatful I was able to be a part of his conversion to this gospel. At his baptism he asked me to speak and I felt so honered to share with him some thoughts as really it was great to be a part of that experience with him. I am so greatful for this work and to be here as an instrument for the lord.
 
   The not so good expereince was being dropped by one of our investigators, it was the first time i had experienced that. Kelly was her name and she is great. She is just not ready to come to our church and leave the one she had been going to. It was interesting as she believes it she just does not want to leave her confort zone. I just know that we did our part in sharing the message and i pray one day she will come to know. I am greatful for this gospel and all it provides in our lives. We picked up a family the very next day were the mom is a member but her 4 children are not, it was great being able to teach and get to know them. She wants them to be able to learn and choose for themselves if the gospel is true which i think is respectful. I am excited to start teaching them. We also put one of our other investigators on date this week. It was funny as Sister Dalton and I had talked about the 24th of April but when we where extending the date I felt that the 27th was right. It is amazing how strong the spirit works, this investigator as some things to work out as she is living with her boyfriend. I pray she is ready by the 27th as she was so willing to accept that date.
 
   It is funny that poeple here in alaska seem to vacation alot in Vegas, i swear 4 or 5 poeple we know have gone down there. One of our investigators is traveling down there this week and i just chuckle as i do not see the greatness in that place. But then again i grew up there so that is probably why. Well we are going sledding today with our zone so that should be fun, I promise i will not hurt myself. We are the only sisters in our zone so it is kinda funny hanging out with all elders. They are all like little brothers to me, so i just give them all a hard time. And they all cannot figure me out so it is fun. 
 
 Anyhow I hope all of you are doing great! I am so thankful to be here and to be doing the lords work. Please do not be afraid to open your mouth to the people around you as missionary work is so important. I am so grateful for it and all it has brought to my life.  I love you all and hope to hear from you!
 
Sister Booth
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!