Attack of the Mosquito
Hi Family and Friends!!!
So this week has been absolutely amazing!! I am so glad I was able to stay here in Wasilla as the people here are pretty amazing and we have such a great ward. Having the opportunity to train has been great thus far, I have enjoyed Sister Davis so much and we have really dived into doing the work. The first night she was here we taught a lesson with Nathan Todeschi. He had been on a trip for 3 weeks so I was pretty excited for him to get back so we could pick up were we left off. He is doing so great, his wife is a member and she helps out so much with things he is struggling with as she wants their family to be able to go to the temple some day. At the end of the lesson I felt prompted to give him the challenge of praying about baptism and testified how it would change his life. He has always mentioned how he feels like he wants to know everything before he makes the decision, so we talked a little about that as well. I am really excited for Nathan as I know he will make the commitment to be baptised soon.
You may wonder why I put the title as attack of the mosquito's well here in Alaska everything is twice the size as it is in the states including the mosquito BITES. So I have some huge bites all over my legs this week which has been fun!
The next amazing appointment we had was with Oscar, it never ceases to amaze me the changes you are able to see in a person each week. Oscar likes to know everything, well likes to take everything in and digest it so we have been teaching him the things that usually come after baptism. This time is was temples and family history, when I was talking to him about the temple and the blessing of it. The spirit was so strong that it almost took my breath away as i testified of the temple and the blessing that came from it, at that time I asked Oscar if he would pray for a date to be baptised. He smiled and i could see that he was so sincere as he said he would take this next week to pray and ponder about a date, we also told him we would be praying for the same thing right along with him. I am so thankful for the companionship of the holy ghost and the important role it plays. We truly are a companionship of 3 not two at all times.
On Saturday after we had spent time with RuthAnn we received a phone call from the willow elders to help someone move that was coming from Anchorage. She has been taught by the elders before and is moving to Wasilla. I am really excited for the opportunity to be able to teach he and get to know her. I love how the lord puts opportunities to teach in out paths everyday just looking for them is the key. So everyone here has a dog, not sure if i have mentioned that before of not. Well on Sunday we were lucky enough to go tracting in the rain. While we were out this dog would not stop following us and then decided to jump on us, i must say i usually try to be nice to dogs as everyone had them. Tatum this makes me think of you and your new little dog:) ,but anyhow i totally had to kick this dog otherwise sister Davis and I would smell like wet dog all day long!
Sunday sister Davis was asked to talk on a whim as one of the speakers did not show up to church. Luckily in the MTC they have us prepare talks in case things like this ever happen. She did great i kept thinking i am so glad that is not me, as i just did it now so long ago. By the way mom and dad Rocky's mom married her dad and I believe you know her dad really well. Anyway i hope you all are doing really well, I love you all!!!
P.S. The pictures attached are of the greenie dinner at sister coyles and of our hike at hatchers pass which was the week before with my old district. Oh and the funny story with the river is we were just taking pictures on the rock as you can see in the pics. And when Sister Dalton was getting off the rock she totally slipped and fell in, i had to try not to laugh at first to make sure she was ok. It was pretty funny we told her that you are not supposed to go swimming on your mission, come on now.
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments