Transfer Changes
Hi Family and Friends!
This past week has been a bit crazy that is for sure. With anticipating the upcoming transfer calls and staying focused on the work. Sister Dalton was sick again on Thursday and Friday so sister yang and i did the work with out her those days. On Friday we were able to teach Oscar again. It was such a great lesson, he is an amazing person. To meet a person who hold such high standards on his own without being taught to do so is such an inspiration to me. We have been teaching him for 3 months now and we asked him how he was feeling about everything, well sister Coyle was asking alot of the questions which was great. The part I loved is when he told us that the day sister Dalton knocked on his door and asked if we could share a message, he said the only reason he told us to come back was he was curios and had some questions. It was the next day we had the appt., he had planned to only meet with us that one time to get his curiosity filled about the Mormons. Then he did not plan to really talk with us again, after the first meeting at the end when we asked if we could come back he said that he felt he wanted to know more and had more questions. I sat there is aww as he continued to tell us his story and how the spirit has changed his life these past 3 months. It is so amazing to me what the lord can do for us in our lives if we but let the spirit in and direct us to where we need to go.
Saturday we had a ward BBQ, we worked really hard to get Less Active members and Investigators to the BBQ as we wanted them to all get to know each other. It was such a great success as we had 2 or 3 less active families show up and 4 investigators. I love seeing the members interact with the investigators and get to know them better, as a member there is nothing more important then to help befriend someone who is new to this gospel.
Yesterday we of course where anticipating our transfer calls. I was not sure what was going to happen this transfer as Sister Dalton as been here a long time I thought she would for sure go, but for Sister Yang I thought for sure she would stay here with me. Well when president Dance called in he talked to sister Dalton for a bit about things then he first asked Sister Yang if she would be willing to serve in the Juneau area with Sister Moore. I was a little shocked as I did not want her to leave me. Right after he asked Sister Dalton and I if we would both be willing to train but in different areas. Sister Dalton will be white washing an area in Anchorage with her new companion and I will be staying here in Wasilla. Which means i could potential be in this area for half of my mission which is pretty crazy for sure.
Today we went to eagle river and had our departure meeting where we met our new companions. My new companion is Sister Davis, she is from St. George UT. Yep pretty crazy down from our neck of the woods. Mom she is related to Rocky Francom, which i thought was pretty crazy. She does not know any Booths in st George but she knows people from the valley. I am really excited to train again and for the work to progress here in the area.
I hope all is going well with the family, and Chad you should send me pics of your house!! I love you all!
Sister Booth
Comments