Where did the week go?
Hi Family and Friends!
Wow this week sure flew by! It was such a good week, I love everyday out here on my mission being able to spend time with the people here in Wasilla. This week we were able to plan 2 baptism that are coming up for this Saturday. Sonya and Oscar are both getting baptised and I could not be more excited. I have been teaching Oscar ever since I got to the mission and have been grateful to be a part of his process in conversion through the spirit. It was really funny when we were planning his baptism out as he said "I do not need anyone to talk at my baptism" We just sat there thinking well, whether you need them or not you are going to have them. He is such a funny person and has been so great to be around, every time he is always making us laugh. And has such a sweet testimony and journey that he has taken.
Sonya had a really rough week this week as she found our that her mother was able to adopt her daughter. Seeing her step up and take strength in the lord and still move forward with her baptism was such a good thing. Her daughter knows her and she will be a part of her life even if it is not directly everyday. She is such a strong person and we are excited for her to make this commitment to be baptised. It amazes me how the gospel can truly change a person, to see how Sonya's life is truly changed from a year ago. She bore testimony to us yesterday about the changes she has made and how she finally feels free from the addictions that held her captive and closer to the savior. It was such a testimony to me that through the savior and his atonement all things are possible.
EJ is also doing great, we were able to have an amazing lesson with him last week that has him just more and more eager to learn. His biggest hang up was with his past baptism with the catholic church and if it did not mean much. So we have taken the opportunity to teach him about that and to challenge him to go to his heavenly father and to pray about the authority which has been restored to this earth. He is learning more and more each week and I know one day he will choose to make that covenant with his heavenly father and to be baptized. During the week he came to the Gray's and we had dinner with him, sister gray and their little son nick as brother Gray was out of town. Nick was hilarious as he was talking up a storm and every time we were talking and he wanted to talk he would raise his hand. I just cannot get over kids sometimes and how funny they can be. When he left he did the peace dance which I will never forget, oh the little gray boy.
The last event of the week was going to Zone conference. I love attending these as they always give you the spiritual boost to help you know how you can better yourself for the next transfer of even for the week. We had a knew senior couple there that was a DR. for our mission and came up and did a health training that was pretty interesting. At the end of every zone conference everyone bears their testimony's. This time it was interesting as I was not in the mood when the time came around, but that testimony that I shared that day was more for me than anything. I would encourage anyone to know and share your testimony as sometimes it helps others and sometimes it helps you. Sister Dance shared in hers that we should ask ourselves these questions each day, first is Christ a member of our meals each day? Second, Is Christ a silent listener in every conversation? If we ask ourselves these questions everyday I know our actions and things we do will make a difference.
I hope all is going well for everyone, and know I love you all!
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments