Rain and more Rain

Hi Family and Friends!
 
So it Alaska has official broke the record since 1951 of 29 days of rain, exciting right! Ya I never thought I would experience a month of solid rain but now I can say I have.  This last week has been great with the work and really rain or sun I love it here.  We have been able to teach alot of different people this week and are main focus these past couple weeks has been part member families. I still cannot believe how many part member families we have in this ward and the opportunities that have come up for us to start teach them. 
 
An awesome experience we has last week was with a sister that is a member in our ward but is very less active. Sister Dalton and I would stop by her house often and we had never met her as her son would tell us she was always in the shower. Knowing after a time that was just an excuse for not wanting much to do with us we stopped going over there for a time. Well this last month I felt that we should try to stop by again, the first time she answered the door and told us it just was not a good time. With the lords work you press forward so we stopped by again just this last week and we caught her outside, she was then willing to talk to us. It was great getting to know her and sad at the same time to hear her story and why she does not attend church. Every person has a story and a reason, and some of them can be pretty heart breaking. As I listened it was just more of a testimony to me that no matter what you experience in life you have to know what foundation you are going to stand on. As the trials are going to come and you are going to experience them but it is up to you with what you do with them. Sister Kay is very sweet and she has a testimony I know one day she will reach a point of forgiveness and have the desire to return to the church. It was great to be able to visit with her and share a message.
 
We started teaching Shawn this week, it has been so great being in that home. They were not coming to church all that often but with us being there these past two weeks we have seen them each Sunday. Shawn wants to be baptised and was taught down in Colorado, he just has some restitution he has to clear up. We are praying it will all get figured out by the end of this month so he can enter the waters of baptism.  We also started teaching Alex Mahoy again who is a stubborn one, I tell you we thought the Booths were stubborn. He may just out do us for sure, he cannot get over the idea of coffee being part of the word of wisdom. He has been taught since last November and his wife is already a member as well, so we are just working with him to help him overcome those things he is struggling with.
 
So I am attaching some pics from last p-day, my companion and I found this random bench and decided it would be fun to take some pics. I know we are goofy and maybe just a little silly, but hey that is us so enjoy!
 
Well that was pretty much my week, I hope all is going well for everyone I love you all.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does it really have to end?

July and August Adventures!

Picture Time!!