The Work Continues
Hi Family,
This week has been another good week with some great progress! We have found that we have alot of part member families in our ward and have really been focusing on them this last week. With the boundary change from last transfer I have been going through the new ward list to update it and try to weed out who we now have in our ward. In doing that this name kept sticking out at me. I looked at the notes and realized we had visited this gentlemen before back in March but for some reason I could not remember it at all. With all the people we go see it did not really surprise me. Well I felt that we needed to go see him again so I added him to the plans for the week.
The day we stopped by his house it was great. He opened his door before we could even knock, and the first thing he said was I was thinking about you sisters earlier today. I thought wow we are supposed to be here. He visits a DR. in our ward and he had been talking to him about the church and thought about the time before we visited him and wondered if we would come back. He wants to come back to church as he has not been for years, his wife is not a member and I know that has played a big part. As we talked to him he told us the story of his wife being in the Lutheran church and never feeling welcome here in the valley. So she is willing to be taught and he says she if ready now to meet with the missionary's. It was a great experience as i know we were supposed to be there at that exact time for him, we set up an appt to come back to teach him and his wife. I am really excited.
Another day this week we were out tracting and only had 15min before our dinner. Which typically you would just head to dinner at that point but I felt strongly about stopping by this LA member we have visited for a time. We had woman's conference this weekend and I really wanted her to be aware of it. When we stopped by she let us in and we gave her the info she needed letting her know we did not have alot of time. Still wanting to share a thought we asked her about prayer and what it means to her. Well that was a window of opportunity as she opened up to us as she never had before. Sister Guecco has not opened her scriptures since she was 14 and she is not sure if when she prays anyone is listening. My heart ached as I listened to those words thinking that she was so unsure if father in heaven truly listened to her prayers. We asked if she would be willing to take the lessons to be taught from the beginning and to do it with her husband who is not a member. She said she thinks it would be really good for both of them to find direction in their lives they need together. How amazing it is to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost!
Women's Conference was the last event of the week, it was a great experience and we had 2 investigators attend with us. We had mapped out some great classes for them to attend that would help their needs. One of the classes was overcoming fears which was a great class, at the end we went and asked the instructor if he taught seminars of something elsewhere people could attend. As they would be very helpful for RuthAnn who got alot out of the hour class that we attended that day, amazingly enough he offered to do one on one sessions with her and come with us to the teaching apt. I am really excited about that and thankful that there is people willing to give up their time for others.
Well I hope all of you are doing good and I love you all!
Love,
Sister Booth
Comments